Thursday, July 2, 2015

One Day at a Time... Actually,one hour at a time


So... three workouts, 24 glasses of water and 5,400 calories later I am still hanging in. Let me tell you it's not easy. I feel frustrated, hungry, tired, cranky, and angry and I'm at my wit's end. Other than that I'm doing just great.
Exercise was invented to humiliate people who think they are doing pretty good in life. It is a small reminder that you are weak, vulnerable and a giant crybaby. As my wonderful husband/trainer woke me up at 6:45am on the second day of my vacation, I began to realize I was in too deep. What possessed me to start this awful journey in search of health? Do I want to live a longer life? Do I want to be able to enjoy going out without worrying if I fit in the chairs of the restaurant or movie theater? Do I hate being the fattest person in the room? Do I hate the stares and snide comments? Will I ever be able to buy clothes in a store and not just online? When I answered yes to all these questions in my mind as I walked at my slow turtle pace up the hill on Miramar Averie knew I was doing the right thing.
This is a 24/7 job. You have to put in many hours and you can't let your emotions take over. That is the difficult part of all this. On the first day I did a great job, did my cardio, did my circuit training, drank my water ate my salad, everything just wonderful. The second day was not so good, well... a complete disaster, crying, screaming and arguing ensued within the first 15 minutes of the workout. The same scene occurred on the third day. As I cried in frustration while attending my little pity party I realized I was feeling more energetic and didn't have that tired feeling. I didn't even think about a soda all day!
I'm using My Fitness Pal, recording all my food and exercise. I enjoy talking to my conscience in D.C. every time I lose it, she keeps me in line, as well as trying to keep my mind open and my mouth shut. Thank you everyone for your support and kind words.
Note to self... Squats are evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


17 comments:

  1. Me encanta!!! Voy a ti y pago doble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No te rindas ! Veras los resultados poco a poco ! Proud of you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estoy en la mejor disposicion de ayudarte...ya empezamos...poco a poco....crear consistencia...y com todo y eso...te amo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias por tu paciencia y even though I hate working out with Zumba Master I love you!

      Delete
  4. Nosolo se puede, sino que TU LO VAS A LOGRAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep it up...Don't give up!!! Go Susie.!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue no sabía q tenias un blog. Te felicito por tu esfuerzo, go girl vamos a ti y a tu zumba master.... at the end you can scream I made it!!!!

    ReplyDelete